Wednesday, November 7, 2012

lake district.

 
Life is a perfect time to go skinny dipping.
 
So, these aren't really in chronological order... But they kind of are. For the most part. Also there are some from this past week that I haven't posted about yet but you can just enjoy them anyway. Sorry about the scatterbrained nature of this post but I am struggling right now and can't think of all the pictures I've been wanting to post up so I just picked some!
 
 
Dover Castle!

Fulham v. Everton football match! They tied and went into overtime. Soccer is where it's at.

Finally got on one of the lions...

M&M world! It was giant and it was awesome.

After we died our hair! You can't really tell in this picture but you can in some of these next ones.
Preston Temple, in Northern England! It was wonderful to be there and I can't wait for our day trip to the London temple!

Our walking tour of Preston, England. This is near the spot where the first baptisms were performed in the UK.

This is the house where President Gordon B. Hinckley lived when he was here.

Castlerigg Stone Circle formation on our way to Edinburgh today! One of my better poses...

Hadrian's wall! These girls are so amazing.

The other day when we went on a walk in Ambleside. SO COOL! This was recommended to us by our professors and it wasn't very hard, but slightly long. It was one that Wordsworth apparently went on while he lived here.

Also on our walk. Again, one of my better poses...
We're at our Bed and Breakfast in Ambleside! It was quaint, perfect, and I loved it.
 
This isn't a whole lot of detail but Monday morning we left and stopped in Preston to see the temple and other church history sites. It was really cool to see and hear about what happened here. Then we went to Ambleside, in the Lake District, and stayed there two nights. I would go there again in a heartbeat, it was gorgeous. No wonder Wordsworth is such a boss. Mostly we went on walks in the town, and on suggested hikes, and went to a Wordsworth workshop in Dove Cottage with important and really accomplished scholars. Dream come true right there. And in the LAKE DISTRICT no less.
 
This morning we left and made our way to Edinburgh, Scoland, stopping at Castlerigg Stone Circle where it was muddy, Hadrian's Wall where it was raining, and Carlisle for lunch. It was so much fun!We're here for tonight and tomorrow night, then off to York Friday morning for a night.
 
I am living the life. I am so happy to be here. Please feel free to ask questions or make requests of what you want to hear more about or what pictures you would want to see more of, etc. Let me know!
 
 

 
 
Obviously I was really excited about seeing Phantom. But really, I was. I feel obligated to see the movie now, but I don't think it would be as good. Oh well.

There ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment